SWGB-20-7 Surge Wave Generator
Surge Wave Generators with testing and burning SWGB-series are intended for:
- Testing insulation of cables and other devices and appliances by DC voltage 20 kV;
- Conditioning faults by burning faulty insulation of cables with its subsequent afterburning;
- Prelocation of cable fault with time domain reflectometer SPARK-4 based on the pulse reflection method (TDR), voltage wave oscillation method (DECAY), impulse current envelope (ICE) method and arc reflection method (ARC);
- Pinpointing of cable faults with acoustic method using geophone (POISK-2016 or P-806)
According to statistics, the most common faults in the three-phase underground power cable occur such as "single-phase breakdown" (breakdown of one of the cores to the cable sheath). Breakdown of this type can be "creeping" (intermittent) (ie recovering insulation up to a certain voltage, which is lower than the operating voltage of the cable), and with the "insulation leakage" (insulation resistance decreases up to tens kilohms - hundreds ohms).
Quite frequent cases of breakdown of the two cores one to another and to cable sheath (line-to-line short circuit).
For single-phase breakdowns developers recommend the acoustic method of finding and identifying the fault location.
Testing kV DC 1-20
Surge at 20 kV, Joules 1400
Surge capacity, µF 7
Number of stages 5 (1-5-10-15-20 kV)
- manual single pulse
- automatic surge rate 0,4 Hz
Burning, max 20 kV, 9A
Afterburning (conditioning faults), max 500V, 19A
Sheath fault locating, max 20kV, 1400J
Mains supply, 220 ± 10%, 50/60 Hz
Dimensions, mm 1150x630x1065
Weight, kg 190